Saturday, January 30, 2010

CONCEPT CYCLERY. SPECIALIZED TRANSITION & MY NEW RIG!



I recently decided that this was going to be the year that I purchased a new bike. I have been riding my Calfee now for 5 years and have had a great experience with it, but I have found an increasing need for a more aggressive time trial position and a fit that will help me create more power.

I have had lower back issues before and wanted to make sure I would be okay getting onto a time trial/tri bike geometry--which moves the rider forward on the bike and tries to create a lower profile cockpit.

My coach, Muddy, suggested I talk with Elliot at Concept Cyclery to see if I could protect my back and still get onto a TT bike. I can't say enough about Elliot's attention to detail and also Concept's awesome fit room and overall philosophy. Elliot spent two full afternoons with me: the first to determine whether or not I could accomplish my fit and comfort goals and the second to fine tune and fit me perfectly to the bike.


Concept has a separate fit room with frontal and side video capture with a plasma screen to analyze pedal stroke and position, as well as a lounge area to wait while Elliot fine tunes your fit. The shop is also connected to a great coffee house where you can enjoy a latte or chai tea and snack.

The staff and customer service at Concept is outstanding. It has been by far the best experience I have had with a bike shop. And through it all, I was able to find the right TT bike for what I needed: Specialized Transition Expert (size medium) with Shimano Ultegra.

I am excited to have my new rig and look forward to taking it out soon. I will need to monitor my lower back and make sure that I pay attention to my body. I will have to really focus on my flexibility and core strength.

I am hoping my new ride will improve my overall bike time and generate more power where I need it.

I am grateful to Elliot (pictured above) and Concept Cyclery. They were outstanding.










No comments:

Post a Comment